Source One has an opportunity for a Sourcing Engineer
which will be based out of our headquarters in Willow Grove, PA. At Source One, Direct Materials Sourcing (raw materials, assemblies, manufactured goods, CapEx equipment, etc) is a key strategic category and we are looking to grow this expertise. The Sourcing Engineer role will play a vital part in delivering results to our clients and winning new business. The position will have responsibility for providing sourcing direct materials in a cross functional team environment, which would include Supplier Identification, Building an RFI/RFP, Going-to-Market, Analyzing Supplier Responses and building a Total Cost Review report, and providing Risk Assessment & Mitigation strategies for our clients.our
• Work in a cross functional team environment, working with Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, Supply Chain, Commodity Managers and Global Suppliers.
• Will share a common goal of developing and introducing New Suppliers, New Ideas (to save costs or otherwise improve the supply chain)
• Build Statements of Work and specifications while ensuring consensus with Engineering, Manufacturing & Commodity Managers to meet the client needs
• Review drawings, specifications, and seek out material data sheets or additional information needed to properly source manufactured parts.
•Identify new potential suppliers and assess supplier capabilities with similar parts analysis or through demonstrated process controls, certifications (like ISO), and key manufacturing processes.
• Develop Sourcing Plan that documents, Early Supplier Involvement, Supply Selection, Risk Mitigation Plans, Capacity Management and Supplier Ramp Up Plans and ensure the plan is executed.
• Understand Engineering component specifications and how they translate into supplier capability requirements.
• Conduct RFx events (RFI, RFP, RFQ’s)
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelors Degree in technical area: mechanical/electrical/electronic engineering or
a bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field and significant experience working in manufacturing or a machine shop
• Demonstrate experience with Microsoft Excel (building spreadsheets, formulas, pivot tables)
• Ability to manage multiple projects across diverse commodities, suppliers, and business functions.
• Fully self-directed with leadership skills - drives for results.
• Excellent project management and organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Demonstrate excellent written and interpersonal communications skills.
• Prior purchasing, manufacturing or product development experience preferred.
• The candidate must be able to dedicate 40 hours per week between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:30 pm, Monday thru Friday and provide their own transportation to our office in Willow Grove or Chicago.
• Travel less than 10%
• The interview process includes a skills assessment, including creating formulas and pivot tables in Microsoft Excel.
• We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including 401K with company contribution; and disability, life, and medical insurance. Plus, you will be working in a fast-paced, yet upbeat and fun energetic work environment with a flexible vacation policy.
Since 1992, Source One has been and is a premier procurement services provider and strategic sourcing consulting firm. Our team of spend management and category experts support best-in-class organizations by ensuring their procurement and sourcing capabilities are optimized and that they are getting the most value at the best possible price from their suppliers. Simply put, we help our customers save money by renegotiating existing contracts, streamlining and optimizing processes, and acting as decision support for their procurement and sourcing needs operating under three main verticals: IT & Telecom, Marketing, and Supply Chain.
As a group of out-of-the-box thinkers and motivated individuals, we are always eager to have new members to the team to gain fresh ideas and insights for continuous process improvement and growth.
We take pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly talented individuals. In addition to the competitive salaries offered to our full-time employees, we provide an attractive vacation policy and benefits which include access to a 401K plan and disability, life, and medical insurance. Please visit us on the web at www.sourceoneinc.com
Interested in a career at Source One? Here’s how to apply:
Please apply on our web portal: http://jobs.sourceoneinc.com/
We ask that you make sure to include your salary requirements. Please do not contact anyone at the company directly.