is seeking a Data Quality Engineer
to support our procurement consulting firm based in Willow Grove, PA. A qualified candidate should demonstrate understanding and expertise in classifying and managing large data sets. This role requires a unique blend of research, data entry, data manipulation, organizational skills and logical problem solving.
Our clients engage us for guidance, expertise, and solutions to help transform their procurement and supply chain groups within their organization. One of our firm’s growth areas has been data & analytics, including spend analysis, e-procurement, and procurement department “health” metrics.
- Spend Analysis is the practice of reviewing a client’s expenditures, suppliers, general ledger and other sources of information in order to classify their spending habits into category structures (taxonomy).
- E-Procurement is the facilitation of bid collection using an online platform. This includes collection and analysis of data from Source One’s proprietary e-procurement site, ZipRFP.
- Procurement department “health” metrics are the collection and analysis of internal and client data points intended to track the performance of a procurement organization.
We are looking for an individual that understands the importance of data and the underlying challenges represented by redundant, inaccurate, or misclassified data found in large datasets spanning numerous clients and procurement tools. The ideal candidate will have the ability to research what data means, draw conclusions on how it should be classified, and understand how to best maintain and measure appropriate data quality and governance levels.
What will I do?
Key responsibilities include:
Who should apply?
- Use data quality tooling to profile source data, define or confirm the definition of the metadata, cleanse and accurately check the project data, check for duplicate or redundant records, and provide information on how to proceed with backend ETL processes.
- Cleanse & categorize data sets into our proprietary procurement taxonomy. Oversee the design and implementation of these data cleansing procedures.
- Initiate corrective action to address issues or discrepancies in the data collection and/or data processing practices, leveraging understanding of business data domain and detailed knowledge of the underlying data sources.
- Recognize and resolve conflicts between data models, ensuring that they are consistent with the appropriate client or enterprise model (e.g., entity names, relationships, and definitions).
- Translate business analytics needs into semantic data access. Identify, implement, maintain rulesets that enable efficient and accurate business process automation.
- Define, document, and maintain all data definitions, data sources, business meaning, and usage of information.
- Work with business stakeholders verify data access mechanisms satisfy analytics consumption needs, consult in requests for specialized master data,
- Participate in project planning processes, identify project tasks, and lead or assist with project timeline estimates.
- Establish data quality standards and data control sets for data in motion and data at rest.
- Ensure stable and consistent delta processing for data loads.
- Continually assess and incrementally improve the quality of the data by developing reporting, metrics, and KPIs that allow for rapid visibility into the data’s historical and present state cleanliness and value.
- Research internal and external data sources for new data and better sources for data ingestion and enrichment.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (Green Card holder)
- Proficiency with SQL systems, especially MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Understanding of database management best practices.
- Scripting and analytics (Numpy, Pandas, Scikitlearn) experience with Python.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Qlik Sense, RMarkdown, or Matplotlib.
- Understanding of statistical analysis and familiarity with core statistical functions.
- 2+ years’ experience working in enterprise data integration, MDM, or BI projects
- Familiarity with procurement processes and strategic sourcing principals.
- Strong analytical background with some familiarity of statistical data cleaning and machine learning processes.
- Ability to lead and execute against projects related to data management, process design, workflows, application management/deployment, etc.
- Prior experience with data quality / governance tools like Cllibra, Trillium, IDQ, Global ID, or similar.
Since 1992, Source One has been and is a premier procurement services provider and strategic sourcing consulting firm. Our team of spend management and category experts support best-in-class organizations by ensuring their procurement and sourcing capabilities are optimized and that they are getting the most value at the best possible price from their suppliers. Simply put, we help our customers save money by renegotiating existing contracts, streamlining and optimizing processes, and acting as decision support for their procurement and sourcing needs operating under three main verticals: IT & Telecom, Marketing, and Supply Chain.
As a group of out-of-the-box thinkers and motivated individuals, we are always eager to have new members to the team to gain fresh ideas and insights for continuous process improvement and growth.
We take pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly talented individuals. In addition to the competitive salaries offered to our full-time employees, we provide an attractive vacation policy and benefits which include access to a 401K plan and disability, life, and medical insurance. Please visit us on the web at www.sourceoneinc.com
Interested in a career at Source One? Here’s how to apply:
Please apply on our web portal: http://jobs.sourceoneinc.com/
We ask that you make sure to include your salary requirements. Please do not contact anyone at the company directly.