is seeking a Data Analyst
to support our procurement consulting firm based in Willow Grove, PA. A qualified candidate should demonstrate understanding and expertise in classifying and managing large data sets. This role requires a unique blend of research, data entry, data manipulation, organizational skills and logical problem solving.
Our clients engage us for guidance, expertise, and solutions to help transform their procurement and supply chain groups within their organization. One of our firm’s growth areas has been data & analytics, including spend analysis, e-procurement, and procurement department “health” metrics.
- Spend Analysis is the practice of reviewing a client’s expenditures, suppliers, general ledger and other sources of information in order to classify their spending habits into category structures (taxonomy).
- E-Procurement is the facilitation of bid collection using an online platform. This includes collection and analysis of data from Source One’s proprietary e-procurement site, ZipRFP.
- Procurement department “health” metrics are the collection and analysis of internal and client data points intended to track the performance of a procurement organization.
We are looking for an individual that understands the importance of data and the underlying challenges represented by redundant, inaccurate, or misclassified data found in large datasets spanning numerous clients and procurement tools. The ideal candidate will have the ability to research what data means and draw conclusions on how it should be classified.
What will I do?
Key responsibilities include:
Who should apply?
- Provide day-to-day support for the execution of spend analytics and the maintenance a centralized supplier repository.
- Manually cleanse & categorize data sets into our proprietary procurement taxonomy.
- Review, research, and understand supply markets and supplier capabilities, technically and geographically.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders regarding support requests/tickets and ensure that they are properly routed and resolved.
- Execute against multiple, large datasets in a dynamic environment and periodically perform mass data updates, as necessary.
- Apply corrective action to address issues or discrepancies in the data collection and/or data processing practices.
- Support data quality improvement initiatives.
- Assist in the building, documentation, execution, and stewardship of data quality and governance protocol.
- Communicate upcoming system changes to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide support for system enhancements through coordination of business requirements across business functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (Green Card holder)
- Task oriented with extreme attention to detail.
- Intermediate Excel analytical skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and diagnostic skill.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, meet individual/team deadlines, and deal with pressures associated with those deadlines.
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis and familiarity with core statistical functions.
- Familiarity with procurement processes and strategic sourcing principals
- Proficiency with SQL systems, especially MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Qlik Sense, Microsoft BI, or Tableau.
Since 1992, Source One has been and is a premier procurement services provider and strategic sourcing consulting firm. Our team of spend management and category experts support best-in-class organizations by ensuring their procurement and sourcing capabilities are optimized and that they are getting the most value at the best possible price from their suppliers. Simply put, we help our customers save money by renegotiating existing contracts, streamlining and optimizing processes, and acting as decision support for their procurement and sourcing needs operating under three main verticals: IT & Telecom, Marketing, and Supply Chain.
As a group of out-of-the-box thinkers and motivated individuals, we are always eager to have new members to the team to gain fresh ideas and insights for continuous process improvement and growth.
We take pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly talented individuals. In addition to the competitive salaries offered to our full-time employees, we provide an attractive vacation policy and benefits which include access to a 401K plan and disability, life, and medical insurance. Please visit us on the web at www.sourceoneinc.com
Interested in a career at Source One? Here’s how to apply:
Please apply on our web portal: http://jobs.sourceoneinc.com/
We ask that you make sure to include your salary requirements. Please do not contact anyone at the company directly.