is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst Intern
to support our procurement consulting firm based in Willow Grove, PA. A qualified candidate should demonstrate understanding and expertise in classifying and managing large data sets. This role requires a unique blend of research, data entry, data manipulation, organizational skills and logical problem solving.
Our clients engage us for guidance, expertise, and solutions to help transform their procurement and supply chain groups within their organization. One of our firm’s growth areas has been data & analytics, including spend analysis, e-procurement, and procurement department “health” metrics.
- Spend Analysis is the practice of reviewing a client’s expenditures, suppliers, general ledger and other sources of information in order to classify their spending habits into category structures (taxonomy).
- E-Procurement is the facilitation of bid collection using an online platform. This includes collection and analysis of data from Source One’s proprietary e-procurement site, ZipRFP.
- Procurement department “health” metrics are the collection and analysis of internal and client data points intended to track the performance of a procurement organization.
We are looking for an individual that can help us develop internal and external (client-facing) dashboards which communicate critical business information to stakeholders. You will work closely with our in-house data & analytics team as well as members of our cross-functional leadership teams to understand the business requirements, translate them into analytical processes, and build reporting and dashboards that communicate the results. An ideal candidate for this position has technical analytics expertise with a desire to develop their business acumen.
What will I do?
Key responsibilities include:
Who should apply?
- Provide day-to-day monitoring and support around the execution and the maintenance of recurring business reports.
- Support in requirements gathering and the development of new dashboards.
- Monitor and refine existing reports on an ongoing basis. Support ad-hoc analytics requests as needed.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders regarding support requests/tickets and ensure that they are properly routed and resolved.
- Perform unit testing to ensure that your deliverables achieve the expected outcomes.
- Contribute to user acceptance testing by collaborating cross-functional stakeholders, ensuring that the business requirements have been properly satisfied.
- Assist in the identification, construction, and integration of new internal and external data sources.
- Document processes and develop training materials in support of BI applications.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, analytics, business information systems, or an equivalent major.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries.
- Understanding of database management best practices.
- Experience with data visualization tools.
- Understanding of elementary statistical analysis and familiarity with core statistical functions.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Familiarity with procurement processes and strategic sourcing principals.
- Proficiency with SQL systems, especially MS Access, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Capable of automating tasks in Microsoft Office via VBA.
- Ability to lead and execute against projects related to data management, process design, workflows, application management/deployment, etc.
- Prior experience with Qlik Sense and Python.
Since 1992, Source One has been and is a premier procurement services provider and strategic sourcing consulting firm. Our team of spend management and category experts support best-in-class organizations by ensuring their procurement and sourcing capabilities are optimized and that they are getting the most value at the best possible price from their suppliers. Simply put, we help our customers save money by renegotiating existing contracts, streamlining and optimizing processes, and acting as decision support for their procurement and sourcing needs operating under three main verticals: IT & Telecom, Marketing, and Supply Chain.
As a group of out-of-the-box thinkers and motivated individuals, we are always eager to have new members to the team to gain fresh ideas and insights for continuous process improvement and growth.
We take pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly talented individuals. In addition to the competitive salaries offered to our full-time employees, we provide an attractive vacation policy and benefits which include access to a 401K plan and disability, life, and medical insurance. Please visit us on the web at www.sourceoneinc.com
Interested in a career at Source One? Here’s how to apply:
Please apply on our web portal: http://jobs.sourceoneinc.com/
We ask that you make sure to include your salary requirements. Please do not contact anyone at the company directly.