is seeking an Information Systems Intern
to support our procurement consulting firm based in Willow Grove, PA. A qualified candidate should demonstrate understanding and expertise in classifying and managing large data sets. This role requires a unique blend of research, data entry, data manipulation, organizational skills and logical problem solving.
Our clients engage us for guidance, expertise, and solutions to help transform their procurement and supply chain groups within their organization. One of our firm’s growth areas has been data & analytics, including spend analysis, e-procurement, and procurement department “health” metrics.
- Spend Analysis is the practice of reviewing a client’s expenditures, suppliers, general ledger and other sources of information in order to classify their spending habits into category structures (taxonomy).
- E-Procurement is the facilitation of bid collection using an online platform. This includes collection and analysis of data from Source One’s proprietary e-procurement site, ZipRFP.
- Procurement department “health” metrics are the collection and analysis of internal and client data points intended to track the performance of a procurement organization.
We are looking for an individual that can help us develop and maintain several databases. You will work closely with our in-house data & analytics team as well as members of our cross-functional leadership teams to scope out, gather requirements for, build, maintain and audit data tables. An ideal candidate for this position has database design expertise with a desire to develop their business acumen.
What will I do?
Who should apply?
- Work with a cross-functional team of stakeholders to scope, design, build, and maintain databases as they relate to Source One’s Center of Excellence and Strategic Account Management tool.
- Assist in identification, construction, and integration of new data sources that may be integrated by our data engineers.
- Contribute to team documentation for process and development.
- Quality check and perform periodic audits of databases and work with database owners to resolve any identified issues.
- Undergraduate degree in mathematics, statistics, predictive analytics, information systems, or an equivalent major and 2 years designing/developing, programming, and supporting software programs/applications.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and Access skills.
- Experience performing ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) processes moving data through multiple systems.
- Experience performing data modeling, developing database architectures, writing complex SQL queries, performing database performance tuning, and developing tables specifically for reporting deployment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and diagnostic skill.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, meet individual/team deadlines, and deal with pressures associated with those deadlines.
- Master degree in mathematics, statistics, predictive analytics, information systems, or an equivalent major and 2 years designing/developing, programming, and supporting software programs/applications.
- Displays ability to perform scripting in Python, Perl, or Shell scripts.
- Experience with ETL and data quality tools such as Pentaho or Talend
- Proficient ability to automate Microsoft Office based tasks in VBA. Knowledge of software testing processes with an ability to apply software testing methods and techniques in a business intelligence environment.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and software typically associated with it (Git, Jira, Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, etc.).
- Experience performing data analysis and reporting in a scientific language (R, Python, SAS, SPSS, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to build dashboards with a BI tool (Tableau, Qlik Sense, Microsoft Power BI, etc.)
Since 1992, Source One has been and is a premier procurement services provider and strategic sourcing consulting firm. Our team of spend management and category experts support best-in-class organizations by ensuring their procurement and sourcing capabilities are optimized and that they are getting the most value at the best possible price from their suppliers. Simply put, we help our customers save money by renegotiating existing contracts, streamlining and optimizing processes, and acting as decision support for their procurement and sourcing needs operating under three main verticals: IT & Telecom, Marketing, and Supply Chain.
As a group of out-of-the-box thinkers and motivated individuals, we are always eager to have new members to the team to gain fresh ideas and insights for continuous process improvement and growth.
We take pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly talented individuals. In addition to the competitive salaries offered to our full-time employees, we provide an attractive vacation policy and benefits which include access to a 401K plan and disability, life, and medical insurance. Please visit us on the web at www.sourceoneinc.com
Interested in a career at Source One? Here’s how to apply:
Please apply on our web portal: http://jobs.sourceoneinc.com/
We ask that you make sure to include your salary requirements. Please do not contact anyone at the company directly.