is seeking qualified individuals to fill a full time position as a Strategic Sourcing Category Manager within our consulting firm based in Willow Grove, PA, also available in our Chicago, IL office. The position would act as part of our consulting group and will provide strategic sourcing and support services to our customers with a focus on supporting business functions such as HR, Finance, IT and Operations in indirect spend areas. The candidate for this position must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment along with other bright and motivated individuals.
What will I do?
The qualified candidate will act as part of our consulting team and will provide consultative services including research, Request For Proposal (RFP) development, contract review, data analysis, and report drafting for our customers. You will be responsible for developing strategies to reduce cost of procured goods and services acting as a consultant for our clients, while improving upon all qualitative aspects of the relationship with their suppliers. Key responsibilities include:
Who should apply?
- Acting as a manager, utilizing a pool of analysts to assist with day to day work activities.
- Supporting business functions specific to HR, Finance, IT and Operations in the indirect spend segment. This could include spend areas such as temp staffing, training, relocation services, payroll, accounts payable, hardware and software agreements, facilities management, and more.
- Conducting client and supplier interviews (electronically, over the phone, or face to face), documenting quantitative and qualitative customer requirements.
- Developing RFPs and executing a strategic sourcing strategy (go to bid, analyze responses, negotiate, etc.).
- Interface and communicate with project team, management, and stakeholders, and provide support with respect to Supplier Management/Procurement processes and policies.
- Creating financial analysis in Excel to review prior costs and to help select the optimal solution of new vendor pricing in terms of total cost of ownership.
- Identifying areas for cost reduction or value improvement within the supply chain
- Evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, and distinguishing user requests from underlying true needs.
- Assisting in the reading, negotiation and modification of large enterprise contracts.
- Conducting research activities to produce detailed reports related to competitive markets, sourcing strategies, cost savings opportunities and benchmarking.
- Monitoring industry trends and trade publications.
- Assisting in the development and execution of marketing strategies to potential new sales channels and customers.
- Anticipates problems before they occur; defines the problem or risk; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ business experience in roles with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience in consulting, supply chain and/or strategic sourcing are strongly preferred.
- Strong MS Office expertise, including demonstrated knowledge of formula writing in Excel.
- Solid working experience with service providers, including pricing, quality, and delivery.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer.
- The ability to read and understand contracts and pricing proposals.
- Market Intelligence – gather and use market intelligence to improve negotiated results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
Corcentric is a leading provider of procurement and finance solutions that transform how companies purchase, pay, and get paid. Corcentric's procurement, accounts payable, and accounts receivable solutions empower companies to spend smarter, optimize cash flow, and drive profitability. Corcentric was named a 2018 ’50 Providers to Watch’ by Spend Matters and a leader in IDC MarketScape: Worldwide SaaS and Cloud-Enabled Accounts Payable Automations 2019. Since 1996, more than 6,000 customers from the middle market to the Fortune 1000 have used Corcentric to reduce costs and improve working capital. Learn more at corcentric.com.
Interested in a career at Corcentric? Here’s how to apply:
Please apply on our web portal: http://jobs.sourceoneinc.com/
We ask that you make sure to include your salary requirements. Please do not contact anyone at the company directly.