has an opportunity for a Sourcing Engineer
which will be based out of our headquarters in Willow Grove, PA. At Source One, Direct Materials Sourcing (raw materials, assemblies, manufactured goods, CapEx equipment, etc) is a key strategic category and we are looking to grow this expertise. The Sourcing Engineer role will play a vital part in delivering results to our clients and winning new business. The position will have responsibility for providing sourcing direct materials in a cross functional team environment, which would include Supplier Identification, Building an RFI/RFP, Going-to-Market, Analyzing Supplier Responses and building a Total Cost Review report, and providing Risk Assessment & Mitigation strategies for our clients.
• Work in a cross functional team environment, working with Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, Supply Chain, Commodity Managers and Global Suppliers.
• Will share a common goal of developing and introducing New Suppliers, New Ideas (to save costs or otherwise improve the supply chain)
• Build Statements of Work and specifications while ensuring consensus with Engineering, Manufacturing & Commodity Managers to meet the client needs
• Review drawings, specifications, and seek out material data sheets or additional information needed to properly source manufactured parts.
•Identify new potential suppliers and assess supplier capabilities with similar parts analysis or through demonstrated process controls, certifications (like ISO), and key manufacturing processes.
• Develop Sourcing Plan that documents, Early Supplier Involvement, Supply Selection, Risk Mitigation Plans, Capacity Management and Supplier Ramp Up Plans and ensure the plan is executed.
• Understand Engineering component specifications and how they translate into supplier capability requirements.
• Conduct RFx events (RFI, RFP, RFQ’s)
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelors Degree in technical area: mechanical/electrical/electronic engineering or
a bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field and significant experience working in manufacturing or a machine shop
• Demonstrate experience with Microsoft Excel (building spreadsheets, formulas, pivot tables)
• Ability to manage multiple projects across diverse commodities, suppliers, and business functions.
• Fully self-directed with leadership skills - drives for results.
• Excellent project management and organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Demonstrate excellent written and interpersonal communications skills.
• Prior purchasing, manufacturing or product development experience preferred.
• The candidate must be able to dedicate 40 hours per week between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:30 pm, Monday thru Friday and provide their own transportation to our office in Willow Grove or Chicago.
• Travel less than 10%
• The interview process includes a skills assessment, including creating formulas and pivot tables in Microsoft Excel.
• We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including 401K with company contribution; and disability, life, and medical insurance. Plus, you will be working in a fast-paced, yet upbeat and fun energetic work environment with a flexible vacation policy.
Corcentric is a leading provider of procurement and finance solutions that transform how companies purchase, pay, and get paid. Corcentric's procurement, accounts payable, and accounts receivable solutions empower companies to spend smarter, optimize cash flow, and drive profitability. Corcentric was named a 2018 ’50 Providers to Watch’ by Spend Matters and a leader in IDC MarketScape: Worldwide SaaS and Cloud-Enabled Accounts Payable Automations 2019. Since 1996, more than 6,000 customers from the middle market to the Fortune 1000 have used Corcentric to reduce costs and improve working capital. Learn more at corcentric.com.
Interested in a career at Corcentric? Here’s how to apply:
Please apply on our web portal: http://jobs.sourceoneinc.com/
We ask that you make sure to include your salary requirements. Please do not contact anyone at the company directly.