Please note: This position is not a Marketing/Communications position. Rather, it is a Procurement and Strategic Sourcing consulting position for Marketing category management.
is seeking qualified individuals to fill a full time position as a Marketing Sourcing Specialist within our consulting firm based in Willow Grove, PA and Chicago, IL. The position would act as part of our Marketing sourcing practice, in which we partner with our clients’ Marketing departments to drive results in the form of budget optimization, enhanced agency/supplier relationships, and greater spend visibility. When supporting a Marketing department’s objectives, we are focused on driving collaboration, maximizing investments and delivering value. Candidates for this position must have managerial experience and strategic sourcing expertise specifically related to Marketing spend categories (creative agency services, media buying and planning, digital, martech, print and production, events and exhibitions, market research, etc.).
The candidate for this position must also enjoy working in a fast-paced environment along with other bright and motivated individuals.
What will I do?
As a Marketing Sourcing Specialist, you will be expected to provide consultative support to our clients by helping them manage their respective Marketing budgets and investments in a way that enables top line revenue growth. Sourcing support may include managing strategic initiatives such as an agency review or agency optimization and gap analysis exercise, while also handling more tactical responsibilities such as SOW renewals/negotiations (contract management). A few other examples of projects you may be assigned include: benchmarking and negotiating agency compensation models, decoupling agency services, establishing an agency relationship management program, assessing an in-house support model, consolidating under a single AOR/holding company, etc.
To be considered effective and successful in this type of a role, you must be able to:
- Bridge any and all gaps that may exist between Marketing and Procurement stakeholder groups, ensuring that a hybrid of best practices are applied (Procurement/Finance is typically considered our engagement sponsor)
- Understand Marketing’s objectives and sourcing requirements, separating needs from wants, and allowing Marketing to fulfill its primary role
- Drive engagement with suppliers/agencies, properly communicating and representing a brand’s objectives and vision
- Identify value, striking the balance between quantitative and qualitative variables when evaluating solutions in the market
In addition to the above, you will be expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Manage marketing-related projects from start to finish as well as possibly manage one or more analysts during the course of a project
- Develop and execute effective sourcing strategies to meet our client’s objectives
- Conduct client and supplier interviews (electronically, over the phone, or face to face) and document quantitative and qualitative client requirements
- Develop and distribute RFPs and analyze supplier proposals to identify budget optimization opportunities and innovative solutions
- Creating financial analysis in Excel and scorecarding suppliers are considered critical parts of the RFP process.
- Negotiate and modify large enterprise contracts
- Conduct research activities to produce detailed reports related to competitive markets, sourcing strategies, cost savings opportunities and benchmarking
- Monitor industry trends and trade publications
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree is required. Finance, Business and/or Marketing discipline is preferred.
- Strong understanding and background in Marketing with experience supporting brand teams and various marketing disciplines.
- Experience in consulting, supply chain and/or strategic sourcing is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
- Strong MS Office expertise, including demonstrated knowledge of formula writing in Excel.
- Solid working experience with Marketing departments and suppliers within the Marketing space
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer
- The ability to read and understand contracts and pricing proposals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills -- must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Self-starter, with demonstrated ability to translate direction, feedback and strategy into actionable results.
The candidate must be able to dedicate 40 hours per week between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday and provide their own transportation to our office in Willow Grove or Chicago.
The interview process includes a skills assessment, including creating formulas and pivot tables in Microsoft Excel.
Corcentric is a leading provider of procurement and finance solutions that transform how companies purchase, pay, and get paid. Corcentric's procurement, accounts payable, and accounts receivable solutions empower companies to spend smarter, optimize cash flow, and drive profitability. Corcentric was named a 2018 ’50 Providers to Watch’ by Spend Matters and a leader in IDC MarketScape: Worldwide SaaS and Cloud-Enabled Accounts Payable Automations 2019. Since 1996, more than 6,000 customers from the middle market to the Fortune 1000 have used Corcentric to reduce costs and improve working capital. Learn more at corcentric.com.
Interested in a career at Corcentric? Here’s how to apply:
Please apply on our web portal: http://jobs.sourceoneinc.com/
We ask that you make sure to include your salary requirements. Please do not contact anyone at the company directly.